Please be advised that the information below is based on current Wellcome Trust deadlines and may be subject to change.
The deadlines below are based on internal and external procedural timelines. Internal deadlines for draft applications are early to allow for ample discussion between applicants and their sponsors about the application. Should you wish to apply to the Wellcome Trust Doctoral Studentship, please contact the Director of the Centre for the History of Medicine Hilary dot Marland at warwick dot ac dot uk in the first instance.
Application Information and Deadlines:
- CHM Deadline for Preliminary Applications for CHM support = 12 noon 08 February 2017
Preliminary applications should include:
- a brief CV with details of the Master's degree held
- details of the research proposed (maximum of two pages)
- a letter of support from the proposed supervisor
For those invited to make a Final Application
- CHM Deadline for Draft Final Application = 12 noon 08 March 2017
- CHM and Graduate School Office Deadline for Full Final Application = 12 noon 15 March 2017
- Wellcome Trust Final Application Deadline = 22 March 2017
Final Applications will made via the Wellcome trust's online application system, (the exact procedure will be clarified should you be invited to make a final application).
The WT will also require:
- A budget to cover conference travel, research expenses and, where justified, the cost of overseas fieldwork, which should be considered when compiling the final application. Draft costings should be sent to the CHM Coordinator for 8 March 2017
- a letter of support from the CHM Director (unless named supervisor), which will be provided by the Centre
For more information please contact the Centre Coordinator or the Centre Director Hilary dot Marland at warwick dot ac dot uk