The module follows on from LL226 Learning Japanese 3 and is suitable for those who have a good working knowledge of Japanese.
The module aims to develop communicative competence further in various social and work contexts. Students will learn to express themselves clearly in a way that it is appropriate.
Students will also gain further social customs and the cultures of Japan as well as some basic business manners. Students will learn further 160 kanji.
This 30 credit module is also available as 24 credits.
3 hours language class each week for 21 weeks.
Students are reminded that 1 credit = 10 hours of study, therefore the minimum expected amount of study is 240 hours, which averages over 10 hours per week. A substantial amount of independent study is therefore required.
Minna No Nihongo 2nd ver : Bk. 2 w/ Cd (2013) ISBN-13: 978-4883196463
(The second half of the book)
Please note that the new edition has out now.
Minna No Nihongo 2nd ver : Bk. 2 Translation & Grammatical Notes English ver ISBN-13: 978-4-88319-664-7
By the end of the module, students should be able to do:
- General: Carry out communicative tasks with reasonable language proficiency in various social situations, using appropriate grammar and vocabulary.
- Reading: Understand straight forward texts and letters / stories, recognising the points of view and attitude of the writer.
- Writing: Produce straight forward detailed descriptions on a range of personal and/ or general subjects.
- Use some basic formal language in a polite letter.
- Speaking: Express feelings and opinions, agreeing or disagreeing with justification.
- Listening: Understand conversations or monologues on personal and/ or general topics, such as education, health and environment in which opinions and facts are expressed.
- Communicative Situations
- Expressing reasons and causes;
- Expressing polite requests
- Expressing purposes
- Expressing politeness etc
- Grammatical content
- Causative form of verbs
- Honorific and humble verbs etc
- Important Notes
- Languages@Warwick online support
- Speaking Examinations Information for Students
- Test/exam marks in the Language Centre
- Grammar Skills
Interim tests (Reading, Writing and Listening) (Term 1)
1 oral examination and 1 final examination (Term 3)
Exam summary and Skills weighting: Assessment
Marking criteria (written): Marking criteria (written) Chinese/Japanese 3/4
Marking criteria (oral): Marking criteria (oral) levels 3, 4, 5