You will have completed over 100 hours of tuition fairly recently or you have a reasonable foundation in the language at school level, possibly to 'O'/GCSE level up to grade B or equivalent. You can deal with most common 'survival' situations confidently. Now you want to start moving beyond merely practising simple exchanges during your holiday or work trip abroad, learning to cope in non-routine situations and contributing to conversations on topics of general interest.
The course will demand more of you by way of vocabulary learning and extend your understanding of the grammar of the language, e.g. by learning more tenses.
Please read our Can-do Statements (link on the right of this page) to see the competences which you will be working towards and can achieve by the end of the year.
1 x 2 hour class per week plus some independent learning.
- Nuevo Prisma Nivel A2 - Libro del Alumno + CD, Edinumen, ISBN: 978-84-9848-370-3 -- New edition.
- Nuevo Prisma Nivel A2 - Libro de Ejercicios + CD, Edinumen, ISBN: 978-84-9848-372-7 -- New edition.
A copy can be purchased from the University Bookshop.
Based on a step-by-step approach, the course is divided into learning blocks each of which focuses on practical, useful and manageable language.
You will develop cultural awareness of the Spanish speaking world.
You will have access to online resources for a more independent learning.
Homework tasks will be set each week to consolidate what you have learnt in class.
- going out; having a good time;
- traffic and pollution;
- social media;
- social relationships;
- holidays, travelling;
- families in present day Spain;
- Erasmus exchange programme;
- Spanish architecture;
- applying for a job;
- writing a CV;
- new technologies;
- social events, weddings;
- talking about traditions;
- remembering the past.
- present tense of regular and irregular verbs (revision);
- present perfect tense;
- direct object pronouns;
- indirect object pronouns;
- uses of ‘ser’ and ‘estar’;
comparative and superlative;
- listening, speaking, reading and writing.