Enrolment for this course is now closed and details for summer 2018 will be added nearer the time
By the end of module, students should be able to:
• apply a basic knowledge of grammar appropriate to the level
• apply strategies for understanding gist and specific information
• have insight into everyday life in the German speaking world
• recognise familiar words and phrases when spoken slowly
• understand short texts in the target language, dealing with everyday material
• write short simple texts, including personal details
• ask and answer questions on familiar topics
BBC Talk German Book + CD Pack ISBN: 978-1406678987 (New edition released 18/08/14)
All text books can be purchased from the University Bookshop, telephone: (024) 7652 3388.
The syllabus will include the following:
This course will cover items such as greetings, introductions, numbers, asking and giving personal information, ordering food and drinks, asking and giving directions, shopping, checking in at a hotel, inquiring about public transport.
This course will provide an introduction to the fundamental features of the German language and some basic structures in the present tense.