Enrolment for this course is now closed and details for summer 2018 will be added nearer the time
By the end of module, students should be able to:
• apply a basic knowledge of grammar appropriate to the level
• have insight into everyday life in Russia
• understand short conversation of daily life when spoken slowly
• interact in a simple way on familiar topics
• learn the alphabet, read and understand short texts
• write short simple texts, including personal details
No book needed, as the tutor will provide the materials required.
The syllabus will include the following
This course will cover items such as: greetings, introductions, talking about yourself and family members, countries and nationalities, numbers, asking and giving personal information, going out: food and drinks, asking and giving directions, doing simple shopping, expressing preferences.
This course will provide an introduction to the fundamental features of the Russian language and some basic structures in the present tense.