- CO906 Lecture Notes
- Composition of class groups
- CO906 worksheets
- Resources for classes
- Links and resources
- Questions for viva
Viva's will take place on Thursday 11-02-10 in the Complexity Workroom. Each viva will be 20 minutes long with 20 minutes to prepare two questions selected randomly from the list of questions.
These questions will form a basis for discussion in the viva but you can expect to be asked other ones too. Extra 5 minute buffers has been included between vivas in the schedule too allow for discussion of assessed work.
Material in the notes which is not examiniable
- Chap 1 : multistep methods
- Chap 2 : Derivation of the Method of Characteristics
- Chap 2 : Details of the solution of the ODE describing the profile of the travelling wave solution of Burgers' equation
- Chap 2 : Details of the solution of the ODE describing the simliarity solutions of the diffusion equation
- Chap 3 : Proof of consistency of the FTCS algorithm for the diffusion equation
- Chap 3 : Matrix stability analysis
- Chap 4 : Derivation of the Lax scheme for systems of conservation laws