The Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (DIMAP) is a multidisciplinary research centre at the University of Warwick supporting an internationally competitive programme of research in various aspects of discrete mathematics and its applications in algorithmic analysis and combinatorial (discrete) optimisation. DIMAP builds on the collaborative research of its staff members, research fellows, and graduate students from three departments:
- the Department of Computer Science,
- the Warwick Mathematics Institute, and
- the Operational Research and Management Sciences group in the Warwick Business School.
With a number of internationally renowned researchers, an extensive programme of scientific seminars, international workshops and visiting researchers, and a multidisciplinary angle, DIMAP is one of the leading international research centres in discrete mathematics and its applications in computer science and operational research.
Main research activities at DIMAP focus on the following areas:
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics
- Mathematical Aspects of Operational Research