The University of Nottingham has award-winning campuses in the United Kingdom, China and Malaysia and hosts a truly global academic community in all three countries.
Placed 8th in the UK for research power by the latest Research Excellence Framework, Nottingham is a major research and teaching institution which delivers work of international significance.
We are Gold!
We are delighted to announce that the University of Nottingham has been recognised as delivering a Gold standard in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
TEF is based on rankings/outcomes for student satisfaction, student retention and graduate employment.
There are 3 steps to applying for MGS funding with us:
1. Identify the right pathway and supervisors
- Note that in order to be considered for ESRC DTP funding you must have identified two supervisors.
- The University's Expertise Guide and School/Department listings will help you to identify a potential supervisor.
- Please see the list on the right for further information on each of the ESRC DTP pathways available at the University of Nottingham.
2. Apply for admissions acceptance to the University of Nottingham
- Visit the University's Postgraduate Study pages and the How to apply for research programmes page.
- Some further information to help you complete the application form can be found here.
3. Complete the MGS funding application form
- Read the Guidance Notes for Midlands Graduate School ESRC DTP applicants before applying for DTP funding.
- Information on completing the Midlands Graduate School ESRC DTP Studentship Application (Nottingham) along with the link to the online application form can be found here.
ESRC DTP Pathways at Nottingham:
Economic & Social History
Mental Health & Wellbeing
Management & Business Studies and Finance
Political Science & International Relations
Social Policy and Social Work