Below is a list of useful links and resources for PPI advisors and anyone interested in public involvement in research.
- The CLAHRC West Midlands PPIE strategy - a one page document to communicate the overarching aims and ambitions of Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement (PPIE) in the CLAHRC West Midlands initiative.
- The Get-It Glossary - an online glossary of health research terms defined in plan english.
- Jargon Buster - a glossary of words containing the definitions of some of the terms commonly used in public involvement in research.
- Involve - the national advisory group in the field of public involvement in research.
- NIHR Going the Extra Mile - final report and recommendations of the strategic review of public involvement in the NIHR
- NIHR ‘Ok to ask’ campaign - a campaign encourage more patients or carers to ask about research opportunities that could be available to them or their loved ones, if they have a medical condition they are receiving treatment for. That essentially it is “OK to ask” about research opportunities.
- NIHR ‘make it clear’ campaign - From 14 May 2014, a good quality plain English summary, submitted as part of the standard application form, will be a requirement of NIHR funding. Guidance has been developed for researchers and for board and panel members.
- Values and standards in for patient involvement in Health Technology Assessment - avalible as pdf or poster format at the link above.
- Popay, J and Collins, M (editors) with the PiiAF Study Group(2014). The Public Involvement Impact Assessment Framework Guidance. Universities of Lancaster, Liverpool and Exeter.