CRN: Primary Care provides support for researchers and health professionals involved in primary care research studies, so that patients can benefit from new and better treatments, and we can learn how to improve NHS healthcare for the future.
CRN Primary Care in West Midlands South
The main goal is to increase the number of patients recruited into clinical trials and other well designed primary care studies. The Network brings together a wide variety of primary care practitioners, including GPs, dentists, pharmacists and health visitors and offers patients in primary care settings unprecedented opportunities to become involved in high quality clinical studies involving innovations in prevention, diagnosis, treatment and health care delivery in the community. Our intention is to improve the quality and outcomes for NHS care for patients through the widespread promotion and uptake of research in primary care
- Promote a culture of research as a normal part of everyday clinical practice
- Secure engagement with research by influential stakeholders at all levels
- Increase research capacity and training amongst primary care teams
- Widen the scope and availability of primary care research studies
- Sustain and increase levels of patient recruitment
We work in partnership with the Clinical Commissioning Groups covering Coventry, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire.