Professor of Chemistry
1980-1983 University of York, B.Sc. (Hons), Second Class Division 1
1983-1986 University of York, D.Phil. "Photochemistry of some metal ethene complexes" (Robin Perutz)
Employment record :
1987 PDRA, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada (G A Ozin)
1988-1993 ICI/Zeneca Senior Research Scientist
1988 Secondment to the University of Southern Mississippi, Hatiesburg, MS, USA (A C Griffin)
1993-1996 Lecturer, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
1996-1998 Senior Lecturer, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
1998- Professor of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL
2001- 2004 CEO and Founder, Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
2004- 2012 CTO, Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
2012 - Non executive director, Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd
Current Research activity:
The Haddleton polymer research group at Warwick currently focuses on controlled polymerisation methodology
with current research including:
- Polymers for Healthcare and Therapeutics
- Controlled free radical polymerisation
Approx 250 published papers in refereed journals, 6 refereed reviews, approx 10 granted US and European
patents, 5 patents pending, 2 book chapters and 19 further publications. ISI WoS lists 310 papers with the
remainder being American Chemical Society contributions. H-index = 50, total citations = 7,930.
Detail on recent publications can be found here
- Macro Group UK Medal 2006,
- Awarded to a UK-based scientist who has made a significant and substantial
- contribution to the development of polymer science through his/her scientific achievements and/or services to
- the UK polymer science community.
- Chemistry World, "Entrepreneur of the Year"
- Royal Society of Chemistry Prize. 2005
- Lord Stafford award for "Best University Spin-off"
- company (West Midlands RDA regional prize). 2005
Graduated >45 PhD students
Chair of Macro Group UK 2006-2010
Scientific Chair of IUPAC World Polymer Congress 2010, Glasgow.
Editor in Chief of "Polymer Chemistry" new high impact RSC Journal.
Editor in Chief "European Polymer Journal" 2002 – 2009"
Current Head of Inorganic and Matrials Section of Chemistry Department, Warwick.
>£4.5 million of VC money raised for Warwick Effect Polymers Ltd.
Chair of two largest polymer chemistry conferences held in the UK, Warwick 2002 and Warwick 2006.