Dr Jianguo Wang
University of Warwick
Jianguo Wang joined the Power and Control Systems Research (PCSR) Laboratory as a Research Fellow in March 2017. Before joining the PCSR lab, he was a Research Associate in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Electronics at the University of Liverpool, and a Research Fellow in the power electronics group of the School of Engineering at the University of Warwick.
Jianguo received the PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and Electronics from the University of Liverpool in 2016, and MEng and BEng degrees both in Electrical Engineering from the Dalian University of Technology, China, in 2013 and 2010, respectively.
He is currently working on the EPSRC funded project ‘Market-fit and Affordable Grid-scale Energy Storage (IMAGES)’, with a focus on the integration of energy storage with power network.
Main research Interests
- Power electronics, including the design, modelling and control of different power converters, and also the efficiency, cost and reliability analysis of semiconductor devices.
- Renewable energy system, especially the power conversion and integration of renewables to grid.
- Power system, in terms of power generation, conversion, integration, transmission, and distribution, and the modelling of power grid.
- Electrical drives and machines
- J. Wang, J. Yan, and L. Jiang, “Pseudo-derivative-feedback current control for three-phase grid-connected inverters with LCL filters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 31(05): 3898–3912, May. 2016.
- J. Wang, J. Yan, L. Jiang, and J. Zou, “Delay-dependent stability of single-loop controlled grid-connected inverters with LCL filters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 31(01): 743–757, Jan. 2016.
- J. Wang, J. Yan, and J. Zou, “Inherent damping of single-loop digitally controlled voltage source converters with LCL filters,” in 25th IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, ISIE 2016, Santa Clara, CA USA, pages 487–492, Jun. 2016.
- J. Wang, J. Yan, L. Jiang, and J. Zou, “Attenuation of low-order current harmonics in three-phase LCL-filtered grid-connected inverters” In 41st Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2015, Yokohama, Japan, pages 1982–1987, Nov. 2015.
- J. Wang and J. Yan, “Using virtual impedance to analyze the stability of LCL-filtered grid-connected inverters”, in IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, ICIT 2015, Seville, Spain, pages 1220–1225, Mar. 2015.