- It is impossible to generate all the bioethanol which could satisfy the demand of biofuels considering even all the Earth surface.
- High demand for liquid fuels.
- Enzymes represent 30 % of the cost of the bioplant.
- There are already bioplants in Italy which run and obtain incomes.
- 280 Biogas upgrading plants in operation in IEA Bioenergy.
- Competition between food industry and biorefinery.
- Considering the carbon cycle, we should return some amount to the soil in order to reduce the environmental impact, deforestation…
- Petrochemical companies such as Shell and BP are interested in biorefinery, so this should have a perspective future.
- Complexity of lignin because of aromatic polymers, bend cleavages and solubility problems.
- Policy should encourage promising new technologies instead of relying on the old ones.
- In the future, if this technology developed properly, a balance between agriculture and biorefinery would have to be taken into account.
- Strict legislation to get rid of wastes in UK. Problems for anaerobic digestion.
- Landfilling in UK is very expensive.