|Renewable energy is at the centre of achieving a sustainable future and to this end research is being conducted in the area of solar energy. As well as developing novel cooling systems that can run from solar heat sources, research is being done to improve solar collector design.|
New equipment and laboratory space will help expand this area hugely and develop facilities of the highest standards with the best equipment. Outdoor test facilities with full monitoring equipment will allow real world performance analysis.
CFD modelling showing flow in a solar thermosyphon system.
Current research projects
Previous research projects
- Optimising the design of a hybrid system in rural Tanzania
- Linear Fresnel Reflectors for Solar Cooking
- A Solar Snow Melter for The Antarctic (British Antarctic Survey & CKSolar).
- Solar Brise Soleil (EOS Energy). Student project poster .
- Development of a rugged solar thermal collector.
- Seasonal testing of PV systems (NewWorldSolar).
- Solar Refrigerator (ATMI Inc.). Presentation slides , US Army Natick report ,