Solar Energy and Thermal Storage
The group is developing networks across China and North America.
Members are part of the Sustainable Innovation in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Network (SIRAC).
One of the SIRAC network meetings was hosted by SEED at the University of Warwick on 13 May 2009. The presentations of our work, given at this event, can be viewed below.
- Introduction to heat driven cycles - Prof. Bob Critoph.
- Domestic gas fired heat pumps (the CALEBRE project) - Steve Metcalf.
- A 5m3 solar refrigerator - Dr Stan Shire.
- Waste heat to power car air conditioning (TOPMACS) - Dr Zacharie Tamainot-Telto.
A review of adsorption refrigeration in the form of a case study has been produced for SIRAC.
- Aston University (UK)
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis (Russia)
- Bristol University Design and Process Engineering Group (UK)
- Brunel University School of Engineering and Design (UK)
- Energy research Centre of the Netherlands, ECN (Netherlands)
- Institute of Fundamental Technological Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, IFTR-PAS (Poland)
- Instituto di Tecnologie Avanzate per l'Energia "Nicola Giordano" (Italy)
- Kanazawa University Department of Human and Mechanical Systems Engineering (Japan)
- London South Bank University (UK)
- Shanhhai Jiao Tong University Institute of Refrigeration and Cryogenics (China)
- Tokyo Institute of Technology (Japan)
- Zhejiang University (China)
- Kyushu University School of Engineering Sciences (Japan)