Dr Yukun Hu
University of Warwick
Dr Yukun Hu joined Power and Control Systems Laboratory in School of Engineering at the University of Warwick as a Research Fellow in December 2015. He received his MSc degree in Chemical Engineering with distinction from South China University of Technology & Key Laboratory of Heat Transfer Enhancement and Energy Conservation of Education Ministry in July 2007, and received his PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden, in February 2013. Then he continued his academic career at the University of South Wales as a Research Assistant until November 2015. He has experience in a range of modelling methods such as molecular dynamics, process simulation, computational fluid dynamics (CFD), zone modelling, and artificial intelligence techniques including neural networks and genetic algorithms. His industrial experience includes the application of advanced mathematic models to the process control and optimisation of engineering systems. He has published over 20 articles and a book chapter in these research areas (Citations: 280; H-index: 10; i-10 index: 10, http://scholar.google.co.uk).
- CO2 capture and storage (CCS) technologies.
- Energy process simulation, analysis, and optimisation.
- Application of computer tomography and reconstruction technology.
- Combustion and heat transfer in high temperature energy equipment and processes.
- Applications of CFD and artificial intelligence to combustion and energy related problems.
1. Y. Hu, J. Yan. Oxyfuel combustion for CO2 capture. In: Handbook of Clean Energy Systems (ISBN 9781118991978), 2015, John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
1. Y. Hu, C.K. Tan, J. Broughton, P.A. Roach, 2016. Development of a first-principles hybrid model for large-scale reheating furnaces. Applied Energy 173: 555-566.
2. Y. Hu, C.K. Tan, J. Broughton,E.McGee, A.Matthew, P.A. Roach, 2015. Development of transient mathematical models for a large-scale reheating furnace using hybrid zone-CFD methods. Energy Procedia 75, 3076-3082.
3. H. Zhang, C. Lv, J. Li, W. Qin, Y. Hu, C. Dong, 2015. Solid wastemixtures combustion in a circulating fluidized bed: emission properties of NOx, Dioxin, and Heavy metals. Energy Procedia 75, 987-992.
4. Y. Hu, H. Li, J. Yan, 2014. Numerical investigation of heat transfer characteristics in utility boilers of oxy-coal combustion. Applied Energy 130: 543-551.
5. Y. Hu, J. Li, J. Yan, 2013. Numerical simulation of radiation intensity of oxy-coal combustion with flue gas recirculation. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control17: 473-480.
6. Y. Hu, X. Li, H. Li, J. Yan, 2013. Peak and off-peak operations of the air separation unit for oxy-fuel combustion power plants. Applied Energy 112: 1341-1347.
7. H. Li, Y. Hu, M. Ditaranto, D. Willson, J. Yan, 2012. Optimization of cryogenic CO2 purification for oxy-fuel combustion. Energy Procedia37: 1341-1347.
8. Y. Hu, J. Yan, H. Li, 2012. Effects of flue gas recycle on oxy-coal power generation system. Applied Energy 97: 255-263.
9. Y. Hu, J. Yan, 2012. Characterization of flue gas in oxy-coal combustion processes for CO2 capture. Applied Energy 90: 113-121.
10. Y. Hu, H. Li, J. Yan, 2012. Techno-economic evaluation of the evaporative gas turbine cycles combined with different CO2 capture options. Applied Energy 89: 303-314.
11. Y. Hu, H. Li, J. Yan, 2010. Integration of evaporative gas turbine with oxy-fuel combustion for carbon dioxide capture. International Journal of Green Energy 7, 615-631.
12. W. Wang, Y. Hu, J. Yan, et al., 2010. Combined heat and power plant integrated with mobilized thermal energy storage (M-TES) system. Frontiers of Energy and Power Engineering in China 4(4): 469-474.
13. H. Li, S. Flores, Y. Hu, and J. Yan, 2009. Simulation and optimization of evaporative gas turbine with chemical absorption for carbon dioxide capture. International Journal of Green Energy 6: 527-539.
14. J. Ding, Y. Hu, X. Yang, et al., 2008, Molecular Simulation of ZSM-5 Zeolites-Water Adsorption Process, Journal of Chemical Industry and Engineering 59(9): 2276-82.
15. Y. Hu, J. Ding, X. Peng, et al., 2007, Molecular Simulation of Characteristics for Water Adsorption on ZSM–5 Type Zeolites Doped by Lithium Ion, Journal of The Chinese Ceramic Society 35(9): 1247-52.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
1. Y. Hu, J. Niska, J. Broughton, E. McGee, C.K. Tan, A. Matthew, P.A. Roach. Zone modelling coupled with dynamic flow pattern for the prediction of transient performance of metal reheating. AISTech2014 - The Iron & Steel Technology Conference and Exposition, May 5-8, 2014, Indianapolis, USA.
2. Y. Hu, H. Li, J. Yan. Characteristics of radiation heat transfer in utility boilers with oxy-coal combustion. 5th International Conference on Applied Energy, July 1-3, 2013, Pretoria, South Africa.
3. Y. Hu, J. Yan, H. Li. Effects of flue gas recycle on the performance of particles, SOx and NOx removal in oxy-coal power generation system. International Conference on Applied Energy, May 16-18, 2011, Perugia, Italy.
4. Y. Hu, J. Ding, J. Yang, et al. Numerical analysis of flow pressure drop in porous media flow using 3D computer tomography and reconstruction technology, in Proceeding of CHT-08, ICHMT International Symposium on Advances in Computational Heat Transfer, May 11-16, 2008, Marrakech, Morocco.
5. Y. Hu, J. Ding, J. Yang, et al. Molecular Simulation for Adsorption of Li+ Exchanged ZSM-5 Zeolites, in Proceeding of the 18th International Symposium on Transport Phenomena, August 27-30, 2007, Daejeon, Korea.