Course check | Qualifications | Apply | What happens next | Visa | Defer
Browse our courses at: www.warwick.ac.uk/engmsc
Taught Masters: Applicants should normally possess a first degree of at least a second class honours standard or the equivalent in an Engineering or related subject from a recognised University.
Q. How do I know if my qualification grade is equivalent?
A. Overseas Qualifications: UK Equivalent Scores Stated equivalents are neither absolute nor complete. Satisfying the grade requirement of your course is only one aspect of the application and does not guarantee admission.
In order to come to Warwick you need to hold an unconditional offer. All applicants must satisfy the general postgraduate admissions requirements and also those of the course which they wish to pursue.
- Taught Degree: at least a lower second class honours degree or equivalent
- English Language Qualifications: If your first language is not English you will be expected to obtain one of the following recognised English Language qualifications:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.5 with no component less than 6.0
- Cambridge Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 60+ (pass at grade C) - A minimum of 3 borderline and 1 weak component results
- Cambridge Proficiency (CPE): Any pass grade - In order to verify the CPE online, applicants need to supply their "secret number". The following CPE results apply to courses in all English Bands.
- Pearson Academic (PTE): Overall score of 62 with all components at 51+
In addition to your academic qualifications and experience, Course Selectors will look for evidence of your interest in the course you are proposing to study and your understanding of the demands of postgraduate work.
We ask you to use our online application form because it is the quickest and most efficient method for applying for admission to postgraduate courses.
The application process does not routinely include consideration for a scholarship, unless otherwise stated in the scholarship advert. In most cases you will need to hold an offer of admission before making a scholarship application.
There is a non-refundable online application fee for taught postgraduate courses of £55 for online applications, a fee of £80 for paper based applications. Unpaid applications remain within the system for 20 days from completing the application form online before being withdrawn automatically. For payment details please contact Postgraduate Admissions
What do I need to get started?
You need to ensure you have selected the right course, to find the courses we offer click here
Application Form Course Details:
Department: School of Engineering
Course Type: Taught
You need an unconditional offer before you are able to enrol. We ask you to provide all of your supporting documents as a single PDF and upload them to your online application form so that the University can make an assessment. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If your application is successful you are required to provide all of the original documents as quickly as possible to secure your unconditional offer. Once you have received an offer from the University you must officially accept your offer by following the instructions as directed on your offer letter.
- Degree Transcript: An official certified document detailing your performance on previous academic courses.
- Academic References: If you have provided valid email contact addresses for your referees, we will make an initial reference request to them on your behalf. You’ll need to notify them beforehand.
- English Language Test Certificate: All tests must have been taken within two years of the start date of your course at Warwick. Please see the English Language Requirements page for further details. (Engineering are Band A)
Where do I need to send the supporting documents?
Postgraduate Admissions Team
University of Warwick
Original (or attested copies of) documentation confirming all of the information you have provided must be made available to the University on request. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of any conditional offer of a place at the University of Warwick.
We regret that the Admissions Office will not return original documents sent in support of your application unless you provide a self-addressed envelope for their return at the time of submission. If you do not wish to send in original documents then please submit appropriately certified or attested copies.
Once all this information is provided, a decision is normally made on Taught applications within 4 weeks of receipt. Decisions on admission are made by Course Selectors from the School of Engineering. However, the official decision will be communicated to you by the Postgraduate Admissions team.
The decision sent to you will normally be one of the following:
- An unconditional offer, which means you have satisfied all the academic conditions required before entry and we are offering you a place;
- A conditional offer, which means you do not yet satisfy the academic conditions required before entry, but you are likely to do so. The conditions are given in the formal offer from Postgraduate Admissions and may include tests such as English language scores, degree results or satisfactory references.
- We are unable to offer you a place at this time.
In the case of a conditional offer being made, original (or attested copies of) documentation confirming all of the information you provided at application must be made available to the University when requested.
The UK's immigration rules for students have changed very recently, please do keep checking for any updated advice and feel free to contact the University's Immigration Service if you are at all unsure of the requirements.
Applicants who have received an offer of a place at the University may request that the offer be deferred to the intake after the one they were originally offered admission to.
Such requests will only be considered by certain Course Selectors, and applicants should not presume that an offer of admission for one intake guarantees an offer for a future intake. The decision of the Course Selector is final.
Email email@example.com with your request. Remember to provide your Warwick ID number in your request along with an explanation for needing it.
NOTE: Deferrals are permitted only once per application and should be submitted before your current offer expires.
If you have a question that is not covered here:
Contact the School of Engineering at: firstname.lastname@example.org