- Measurement and characterisation of surface and surface related properties in order to link the manufacturing processes with surface functions. It targets an area where the function-orientated surfaces/coatings are in demand.
- Nanometrology and the measurement techniques in Nanotechnology
- Developing high precision instruments (sensors and actuators) for Micro-Engineering and Nanotechnology.
- Tribological study of surface materials/films/painting in precision mechanisms.
- Quantify touch-feel perception of materials used in cars and other function-orientated applications.
- Development of a large range multi-function tribological probe microscope (TPM) for mapping surface properties of nano-hardness, Young’s modulus, friction, topography and thermal conductivity. The large range TPM will be for mimicking human’s fingertip to measure the touch-feel sensation in relation to smooth/rough, sticky/slippery, hard/soft and warm/cold.
- Study of bio-mimetic surfaces in terms of self-cleaning and anti-contamination.
- Design and development of potable energy harvesting devices
For more information please contact X.Liu@warwick.ac.uk
Note: Should your application for admission be accepted you should be aware that this does not constitute an offer of financial support. Please refer to the scholarships & funding pages.