Congratulations on obtaining a place at the Mathematics Department here at the University of Warwick! We look forward to welcoming you in October. In the meantime the pages contained here will help you understand what you should be doing before you arrive, and what you will need to do in your first week here. On the first day you should come to the Induction session at 10:30am in the Zeeman Building, MS02, please try to arrive 10-20 minutes early so we can start promptly.
You do not need to register for any modules yet, you can prepare by looking at the available options if you'd like, but you can wait until you arrive before registering, and registrations are not binding initially. The first induction meeting will explain how to choose your modules.
Before you arrive you may want to do some reading to get you up and running.
There will be a second induction session on Friday of the first week once you have all settled in a bit.
Your First Week
- Who does what? Where to find help?
- Choosing your modules
- The Diagnostic Tests
- What to bring with you
- How do lectures work?
- Ask a question: the new maths students forum
- Quiz: are you ready to go?
Schedule for Week 1
- The Maths Staff Student Liaison Committee (SSLC)
- Warwick Bookshop
- Where are the lecture rooms?
- Your timetable
- Online Module Registration
- Online Undergraduate Handbook
- Director of Undergraduate Studies' Twitter feed