Name : Juie Shetye
Supervisor : Prof Tony Arber
PhD thesis : High-resolution observations of the solar atmosphere
Thesis supervisor : Prof Gerry Doyle
Research Interests :
1.) Spicules - Formation and role in chromospheric-coronal mass cycle
2.) Spicules - Relation to MHD waves and oscillations
3.) MHD waves and oscillations in other atmospheric phenomena
4.) Long term variation of the Sun and its influence on the Earth
Selected Publications :
- Srivastava, A.K; Shetye, J.; Murawski, K.; Doyle, J.G.; Stangalini, M.; Scullion, E.; Ray, T.; Dwivedi, B.N.; Wojcik, D.P.;High-frequency Torsional Waves as an Energy Reservoir for Coronal Heating, Nature Scientific Reports,7:43147
- Shetye, J.; Doyle, J. G.; Scullion, E.; Nelson, C. J.; Kuridze, D.; Henriques, V.; Woeger, F.; Ray, T. High-cadence observations of spicular-type events on the Sun., 2016, A&A, 589, A3
- Shetye, Juie; Tripathi, Durgesh; Dikpati, Mausumi Observations and Modeling of North-South Asymmetries Using a Flux Transport Dynamo, 2015, The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 799, Issue 2, article id. 220, 11 pp.
- Madjarska, M. S.; Doyle, J. G.; Shetye, J. A coronal wave and an asymmetric eruptive filament in SUMER, CDS, EIT, and TRACE co-observations. 2015, A&A, Volume 575, id.A39, 10 pp.
- Shetye, J.; Doyle, J.G.; Scullion, E.; Nelson,C.J.; Kuridze,D.; High cadence observations and analysis of spicular-type events using CRISP onboard SST. CSPM Proceedings
In prep / under review :
- Doyle, J. G.; Shetye, J.; Antonova, A.E.; Kolotov, D; - Stellar flare ocillastions (in MNRAS)
- Shetye, J.; Reid A.; Doyle, J.G.; Mathioudakis M.; Scullion, E.; ; Quiet-Sun Ellerman bombs (in prep MNRAS)
Scientific Talks :
- NAM 2017, University of Hull, Observations of high-frequency waves in the spicules
- April 20 - 21 2017, UKMHD 2017, Durham University, Observations of high-frequency waves in the spicules- a solution to the coronal heating paradigm
- May 31 - June 1 2016, Solar physics division meeting (SPD), Colorado, Boulder on High Cadence Observations and Analysis of Spicular-Type Events Using CRISP Onboard SST.
- Thu 7 Apr 2016 at DKIST Community meeting, RAS, London on High Cadence Observations of Spicular-Type events and wave-signatures associated with them.
- Tue 26 Oct 2015 at IRIS5 Workshop, Pune, India on High Cadence Observations and Analysis of Spicular-Type Events Using CRISP Onboard SST. o Thu 7 Apr 2016 at DKIST Community meeting, RAS, London
- Thu 27 Aug 2015 at Irish National Astronomy Meeting 2015, Queen's University Belfast on Analysis of Apparent Ultra-Fast Spicules Using High-Resolution Ground-Based Data
- Mon 2 Feb 2015 at 2nd Solarnet Meeting - Solar and Stellar Magnetic Activity, Palermo, Italy on Observations and Modelling of North-South Asymmetries Using Flux Transport Dynamo
Contact Details :
email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Centre for Fusion, Space and Astrophysics, Department of Physics, University of Warwick, Coventry.
Office location : PS 1.24