I am a Research Fellow in the Quantum Information Science Group of Dr. Animesh Datta working on energy transport in multichromophoric systems and developing experimental protocols from theoretical investigations.
My principal research interests within the broad topic of Organic Semiconductors include:
- Exciton generation
- Energy transport
- Fate of excited states
- Charge separation on interfaces and charge pre-dissociation in copolymers
- Spectroscopy of electronic and vibrational processes
Before coming to Warwick I undertook a DPhil (PhD) in Physical & Theoretical Chemistry at Magdalen College, University of Oxford, under the supervision of Prof W Barford. Prior to that I earned a MSc in Theoretical Chemistry from St Hilda's College, University of Oxford and a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Bonn, Germany.
In addition to my research appointment at Warwick I hold teaching appointments at colleges within the University of Oxford. I teach the 'Mathematics for Chemistry' course at Balliol, St Hilda's, and Wadham Colleges, as well as the third year course in Physical Chemistry at Hertford College.
- W. Barford, M. Marcus, Perspective: Optical Spectroscopy in -Conjugated Polymers and how it can be used to Determine Multiscale Polymer Structures., J. Chem. Phys. 146, 130902 (2017).
- W. Barford, M. Marcus, Theory of Optical Transitions in Curved Chromophores., J. Chem. Phys. 145,124111 (2016).
- M. Marcus, J. Coonjobeeharry, W. Barford, Theory of Optical Transitions in -Conjugated Macrocycles., J. Chem. Phys. 144, 154102 (2016).
- W. Barford, M. Marcus, O. Tozer, Polarons in -Conjugated Polymers: Anderson or Landau?, J. Phys.Chem. A 120, 615 (2016).
- M. Marcus, O. Tozer, W. Barford, Optical Transitions in Conjugated Polymers. II. Real Systems., J.Chem. Phys. 141, 164102 (2014).
- W. Barford, M. Marcus, Optical Transitions in Conjugated Polymers. I. Ideal Systems., J. Chem. Phys 141, 164101 (2014).
- A. Kysliak, M. Marcus, T. Bredow, J. Beck, Polytellurides of Mn, Fe and Zn from Mild Solvothermalreactions in Liquid Ammonia., Inorg. Chem. 52, 8327 (2013).
Teaching Materials (University of Oxford)
Mathematics for Chemists - Year 1
Physical Chemistry - Year 3