I am a professor in the Statistics department at the University of Warwick. My research interests lie mostly in probability theory, and include: random processes, stochastic geometry, stochastic calculus, computer algebra in statistics and probability, and perfect simulation. I was President of the Bernoulli Society over the period 2013-2015 and now serve in the advisory rôle of Past President; I also serve on the Council of the International Statistical Institute. I was founding co-director of APTS (first with my colleague David Firth, then with my colleague Adam Johansen) over the period October 2007 - September 2016.
Here you can see a picture of four of my favourite people from a few years ago,
while here is a picture of me, when I was slightly more youthful.
Teaching and Related Matters, 2016/2017
I have taught the following lecture courses this year (note that I am on study leave from start of term 2 through to end of academic year at end of September 2017):
- Term 1: MASDOC P1 ST910 An Invitation to Graduate Probability
- Term 1: OxWasp module Probability and Approximation
My office is Room C0.17 in the Mathematics and Statistics Building.
I have produced a list of current possibilities for research projects.
Current research projects
I have recently concluded EPSRC-funded research projects on:
- Probabilistic coupling and nilpotent diffusions
- Inside-out: Statistical methods for Computed Tomography validation
With my research student Giacomo Zanella, I worked on a project to apply statistical methods to contribute to debates in Anglo-Saxon history:
The links connect to blogs on these projects.
Five ways in which this information is accumulated on the web:
- Mendeley profile: www.mendeley.com/profiles/wilfrid-kendall (synchronized with my own Mendeley database, fairly complete and reasonably reliable source for bibliographic data);
- ORCID page: orcid.org/0000-0001-9799-3480;
- Google Scholar page: scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=0IJZ3EkAAAAJ (includes citation statistics gleaned from Google searches);
- Preprints on arXiv: arxiv.org/a/kendall_w_1 (I now place my major research outputs on arXiv, on or before the date of submission to a journal).
- linked by topic,
- including (some) illustrative pictures.
I have also made available some collections of slides for recent talks.
Seminars and reading groups at Warwick Statistics
Back in 1988 I founded the Midlands Probability Theory Seminars. The Probability at Warwick initiative P@W now collects together this and a number of other activities related to the probability research community. See also the main Statistics (CRiSM) Seminars.
I am an associate editor for: