I am a statistician interested in developing new methods for analysing large complex data of high-dimensional, longitudinal, networked, and correlated nature.
I joined Warwick in 2013 as Professor of Statistics. Previously I held regular and visiting faculty positions at Peking University, University of Munich and National University of Singapore. I received a bachelor's degree in mathematics from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) and PhD in statistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
I was Co-Director of the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), the EPSRC & MRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Next Generational Statistical Science.
- Associate editor, the Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B.
- Chair, the Research Section Committee of the Royal Statistical Society.
- Turing fellow, the Alan Turing Institute for data science.
Future PhD Students: I am always looking for talented PhD students to work with me. Some indicative projects on offer can be found here and here. If you are interested, feel free to get in touch with your CV.
Office Hours in Term 3 AY 2016/2017: T 10:30-11:30, F 10:30-11:30. Please send an email for appointment in advance.
Postdocs, Visitors, Collaborators:
- Enquiries about research collaboration or PhD supervision are always welcome.
- I would be happy to host those who wish to apply for Open Research Fellowships or are externally funded.
Office: Room D0.13, Zeeman Building.
Email: C dot Leng at warwick dot ac dot uk
Phone: +44 (0)24 7615 0779
Fax: +44 (0)24 7652 4532
Address: Department of Statistics, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK.