I am a third year PhD student in Statistics at the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), working under the joint supervision of Professor Yee Whye Teh (Oxford), Dr. Dario Spanò (Warwick) and Dr. Paul Jenkins (Warwick). I am also part of the Oxford statistical machine learning group (OxCSML).
My research interests lie in the fields of Bayesian machine learning and deep learning. In particular, I am interested in developing algorithms for large scale machine learning and Bayesian nonparametric models with dependency structures. I have applied my work to text analysis, recommender systems and population genetics.
I am currently at Amazon, Berlin, as an Applied Scientist Intern.
- X. Lu*, V. Perrone*, L. Hasenclever, Y. W. Teh, S. J. Vollmer, Relativistic Monte Carlo, in Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2017 [AISTATS] [BDL] [arxiv] [code] *joint first author
- V. Perrone, P. A. Jenkins, D. Spano, Y. W. Teh, Poisson Random Fields for Dynamic Feature Models, 2016 [arxiv] [data]
Selected Talks & Posters
- 27 Jun 2017 - Poster: 11th Conference on Bayesian Nonparametrics (Paris, France) [Poster Award winner]
- 20 Apr 2017 - Poster: 20th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (Fort Lauderdale, US)
- 10 Dec 2016 - Contributed Talk and Poster: NIPS Bayesian Deep Learning workshop (Barcelona, Spain)
- 10 May 2016 - Talk and Poster: Amazon Machine Learning Division (Berlin, Germany)
- 19 Feb 2016 - Talk: Algorithms & Computationally Intensive Inference, University of Warwick (Coventry, UK)