The CBNP11 is a two-day symposium for postgraduate students, PDRAs and young academics but also open to any academic/industrialist working in any areas of natural product chemistry and biology.
--- NEWS about the CBNP11 ---
1 July 2017: Thank you to all attendees of the CBNP11, we look forward to seeing you all back at Warwick for the CBNP12 next year!
14 June 2017: The official programme for the CBNP11 has been released, check it out here.
12 May 2017: Check out the draft programme for the CBNP11 here!
5 May 2017: All rooms available free of charge for attendees have now been allocated. You can still be added to the waiting list, and we will let you know in case a room becomes available.
20 April 2017: We have managed to secure more rooms for the night of the 29th June, so we still have availability if you would like to spend the night on campus. We will email all details to those who requested accommodation shortly.
9 January 2017: Registration to the CBNP11 is officially open, sign up here!
4 November 2016: Book your calendar, the next edition of the Natural Products Symposium (CBNP11) will be held at Warwick on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th June 2017.
2 November 2016: A reflection on the main topics discussed during the CBNP10 has just been published in Exchanges: the Warwick Research Journal. Check this out here!
4 July 2016: Thanks everyone for making the CBNP10 such a great networking event, we look forward to seeing you all back here at Warwick for the CBNP11!
Thursday 29 and Friday 30 June 2017
University of Warwick, Zeeman Building, MS.01
Please join us for our eleventh annual meeting exploring the chemistry and biology of natural products covering subjects from synthetic chemistry to microbial genetics.
This meeting is sponsored by NPRONET (Natural Products Discovery and Bioengineering Network) and BIOCATNET (Network in biocatalyst discovery, development and scale up), two BBSRC NIBBs, and registration is free for all participants. Two lunches, a wine reception/dinner and prizes for the best talks and posters are all included.
Thanks to our sponsors we will be able to offer free on campus accommodation for those who are travelling to Warwick. Note that attendees will have to cover the costs for their travel.
The 2017 event programme will shortly be available on the right hand side of this page.
For enquires please contact Fabrizio Alberti (f dot alberti at warwick dot ac dot uk).
Instructions for Registration
Registration to the CBNP11 is officially open from Monday 9 January 2017.
- Please first join the NPRONET and/or the BIOCATNET networks (both free of charge) by following the two links on the right hand side of this page. For the box "Expected Contribution to NPRONET/BIOCATNET" you can indicate "attending NPRONET/BIOCATNET events".
- Submit your Registration Form to the Symposium by following the link on the right hand side of this page.
If you would like to give a talk please register online by Friday 5 May 2017.
If you would like to present a poster please register online and submit your poster title by Friday 16 June 2017.
General Registration Deadline: Friday 16 June 2017.
Please submit poster titles by Friday 16 June 2017.
- Posters presented should be in portrait orientation and size A0.
- The symposium will be held in the Mathematics department (Zeeman building), which is based on the University of Warwick's main campus, close to Coventry. You can download a pdf of the campus map here.
- View directions for visiting the University of Warwick for further arrival information.
- Parking on campus is limited though there are good links from Coventry station. Taxis are available to and from the University.
- On Campus accommodation will be offered free of charge to attendees who are members of either of the two networks that are sponsoring the event. Accommodation is limited, and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Please express your interest in having a room booked for you when filling in your registration form. The rooms will be provided at our Arden site: https://bandb.warwick.ac.uk/
- In case you would like to book your own accommodation, local alternatives approximately 10/15 min drive away can be found here http://www.visitcoventryandwarwickshire.co.uk/stay/
- There are excellent regular public transport links between the town of Kenilworth and Coventry
Coventry: Premier Inn Coventry City Centre
If you're planning to travel by car, we recommend that you reserve your parking space through us, as finding unreserved parking spaces might be problematic. In order to do so, please contact Fabrizio Alberti (f dot alberti at warwick dot ac dot uk) saying you would like to reserve a parking space for the duration of the event, including in your email the following details:
- Date and approximate time of arrival, date and approximate time of departure
- Car make and model
- Registration number
On your arrival you will be able to find a reserved space with your name at either of the top two floors of car park 7. Despite being able to reserve a space for you, you will still need to to pay and display a ticket for the whole duration of your stay. More information, including campus map and fares for the car park for visitors can be found here: Parking on Campus.
Besides, if you've reserved on campus accommodation, then you'll be able to park at your accommodation site.