- Welcome to my homepage
- Contact details
Telephone: (+44) 024 765 23043
Office: Room S.2.110, Department of Economics, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
Office hours (2016/17 - term 1 and 2):
Friday 9-10am, S.2.110
RAE helpdesk: Bookable via the RAE course website. click here
( If this time not suits you, please contact me then we could arrange another time. )
- About me
I studied for my PhD in Economics at the University of Warwick from September 2012 to April 2017 under the supervision of Professor Michael Pitt, Professor Sascha Becker, and Dr. Mingli Chen. Now I am also a part-time Research Officer in the School of Economics at the University of Surrey.
My main research interests lie in econometrics, Bayesian econometrics, and economics of education. I am particularly interested in 1) estimating treatment effects using the Bayesian approach, 2) matching methods for observational studies, and 3) the econometric modelling for topics surrounding the economics of education.
I received my bachelor degree in Economics with Econometrics from the University of Exeter, and then at the London School of Economics, I finished the MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics. Then I continued to the PhD in Economics at the University of Warwick.
- Working papers
- "Estimating Average Treatment Effects in Evaluation Studies: A Bayesian Prospect"
- "A New Approach to Estimating the Ordinal Response Model with Censored Outcomes: An Application to the REF 2014" (with Michael Pitt)
- "Empowering Mothers and Enhancing Early Childhood Investment: Effect on Adults Outcomes and Children Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Skills", (2016) No. w22963. NBER. (with Victor Lavy, and Giulia Lotti)
- (work in progress) "Bayesian Approach to the Non-linear Panel Data Model" (with Mingli Chen)
- (work in progress) "Teachers in Brazil" (with Fernanda Brollo, Roland Rathelot, and Victor Lavy)
- "MSEFFECT: Stata module to estimate the mean effect size of (binary/multiple group) treatment on multiple outcomes", available at RePEc and SSC archive.
- "Improved Stata Editor for Mac OS Users", available at Sublime text package control (with Chuhong Wang)
- "Vim Plugin for Running Selected Do-File in Stata" (with Chuhong Wang)
- (work in progress) Stata package for the duration model (with Wiji Arulampalam, Valentina Corradi, and Daniel Gutknecht)
- Class Teaching
- EC9A3 Advanced Econometric Theory (MRes/PhD - 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)
- MSc Time Series Econometrics Dissertation Helpdesk (MSc - 2014/15, 2015/16)
- MSc Stata Seminars for Econometrics A (EC902, EC907) & Econometrics B (EC910, EC987) (MSc - 2016/17)
- EC331 Research in Applied Economics - Technical and Econometrics Helpdesk (UG final year project - 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17)
- EC226 Econometrics (UG 2nd year - 2013/14,2014/15,2015/16)
- I practice Tai-chi at a good level. Some of my past videos of Martial Arts can be found here (in Chinese): , 
- My given name "Zizhong" is a two-syllable word (pronounced as "Zee" followed by "Jon"), and the family name is "Yan". My friends also call me Yan.