Skills for Health publications and reports:
- Skills for Health (2006) Delivering a Flexible Workforce to Support Better Health and Health Services – the Case for Change (Sector Skills Agreement Stage 3). Bristol: Skills for Health.
- Skills for Health (2005) Skills Needs Appraisal (Sector Skills Agreement Stage 1). Bristol: Skills for Health.
- Skills for Health/SQW (2005) Assessing Education and Training Provision for the Health Sector (Sector Skills Agreement Stage 2). Bristol: Skills for Health.
- SSDA/Skills for Health (2004) National Employers Skills Survey 2003: Skills for Health. South Yorkshire: SSDA.
- Audit Commission (2001) Hidden Talents: Education, Training and Development for Healthcare Staff in NHS Trusts. London: The Audit Commission.
- Department of Health (2004) An Introduction to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework and its Use in Career and Pay progression. Norwich: HMSO.
- Health and Social Care Information Centre (2004) NHS Staff Earnings Survey. Leeds: NHS Health and Social Care Information Centre.
- Healthcare Commission (2006) National Survey of NHS Staff 2005 - Summary of Key Findings. London: Commission for Healthcare Audit and Inspection.
- Langlands, A, Sir (2005) Gateways to the Professions. London: Department for Education and Skills.
- NHS Employers (2005) NHS Employers Recruitment and Retention Survey 2005. London: NHS Employers.
- NHS Workforce Review Team (2005) National Workforce Review Team Workforce recommendations for Healthcare Scientists, Allied Health Professionals, Nurses, Midwives, Doctors, Dental Teams and Pharmacists for 2006-07. NHS Workforce Review Team
- Workforce Directorate (2004) Sharing the Challenge, Sharing the Benefits. Equality and Diversity in the Medical Workforce. London: Department of Health.
NHS workforce data sources:
- Statistical data on NHS staff in England (1995-2005)
- Staffing data on NHS staff in Wales (2005)
- Scottish Health Statistics (1995-2005)
- Northern Ireland Health & Personal Social Services Workforce Census (2005)
- NHS Vacancy survey data (1999-2005)