Ok, I lied, the article on the front page is the only thing I've ever published. So here is a combination of Joao's and Ben R's publication lists:
- Sugar: Refined Power in a Global Regime Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009
- Critical Theory in International Relations and Security Studies: Interviews and Reflections, edited with Shannon Brincat and Laura Lima, Abingdon: Routledge, forthcoming December 2011.
Papers in refereed journals
- 'Security and Emancipation: Towards a Critical Theory of Security,' Relações Internacionais 9, March 2006, pp. 117-128. [in Portuguese]
Chapters in books
- [with Soumita Basu] 'Security as Emancipation' in Laura Shepherd (ed.) Critical Approaches to Security: Theories and Methods, Abingdon: Routledge, forthcoming.
- [with Shannon Brincat and Laura Lima] 'Introduction' in Shannon Brincat, Laura Lima and João Nunes (eds.) Critical Theory in International Relations and Security Studies: Interviews and Reflections, Abingdon: Routledge, forthcoming December 2011.
- ‘Modernity and Security: The Contribution of the Sociological Critique’ in Alexandre Martins and José Resende (eds.) Sociedades Modernas em Debate: Espaço Público, Operações Críticas e Regimes de Acção, Portalegre: Centro Interdisciplinar para a Investigação e Inovação, 2011. [in Portuguese]
- [with Daniel Pinéu and Ana Isabel Xavier] 'Problematizing the EU as a global actor: The role of identity and security in European foreign policy' in André Barrinha (ed.) Towards a Global Dimension: EU's Conflict Management in the Neighbourhood and Beyond, Lisbon: Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, 2008, pp.17-49.
- 'Experimentalist Governance, Deliberation and Democracy: A Case Study of Primary Commodity Roundtables', CSGR Working Papers, 2010
- 'From a Fossil Fuel to a Bio-Based Economy? Reframing the Third Wave of Biotechnology', IPEG Papers in Global Political Economy, 45, 2010
- 'Sweet Nothings: Consumer Ethics and the Political Economy of Sugar', British Sociological Association Food Studies conference, London, 5-6 July 2010
- ‘From Doha to El Dorado: The World Trade Organization, Agricultural Liberalisation and the False Promise of Free Markets’, CSGR Working Papers, 2010
- ‘Making Enemies: Humiliation and International Conflict, by Evelin Lindner – Book Review,’ Intelligence and National Security, 24:6, December 2009, pp.903-906.
- ‘Protecting Liberty in an Age of Terror, by Philip B. Heymann and Juliette N. Kayyem – Book Review,’ Intelligence and National Security, 22:4, August 2007, pp.584-587.
- ‘Contesting Security,’ Relações Internacionais 6, June 2005, pp.191-194. [in Portuguese]
- ‘Terrorism and the West,’ Zoom – Revista do Centro de Estudos do Curso de Relações Internacionais, University of Minho, 17, 2007, pp.101-113. [in Portuguese]
- ‘Towards Emancipation of the Self: A Critique of “Security as Emancipation”’, Working Paper 12, IPRI – Portuguese Institute of International Relations, October 2005.