Skip to main content

GC&CS is created on 1 November 1919

Savoy

GC&CS was first located at Watergate House in the Strand next to the Savoy Hotel. Later, in 1939, the Chief of MI6 borrowed a chef from the Savoy to feed the new arrivals at Bletchley Park.

 

 

Back to home page

GCHQ: The Uncensored Story of Britain's Most Secret Intelligence Agency