Work in progress
- Why and How UN Peacekeeping Composition Matters, with Andrea Ruggeri (under contract with Oxford University Press)
- Terrorist Violence and Nonviolent Military Involvement in Politics, with Mauricio Rivera and Chiara Ruffa (R&R, International Studies Quarterly)
- Genetic Distance, Trade, and the Diffusion of Development, with Gunes Gokmen (R&R, Journal of Applied Econometrics)
- Peacekeeping Effectiveness and Blue Helmets’ Distance from Locals, with Andrea Ruggeri (R&R, Journal of Conflict Resolution)
- Global arms trade and oil dependence, with Claudio Deiana and Roberto Nisticò (R&R, Journal of Law, Economics and Organization)
- Does culture have a substantive influence on trade?, with Gunes Gokmen
- School Infrastructure Spending and Educational Outcomes in Northern Italy, with Alessandro Belmonte, Giovanna D’Inverno and Marco Modica
- Non-State Actor Violence: Refugees and State Capacity, with Tobias Böhmelt and Kristian Gleditsch
- How Migration Policies Moderate the Diffusion of Terrorism, with Tobias Böhmelt, CAGE working paper number: 349
The post-print versions of my articles are available on ResearchGate
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Economic Development in Peacekeeping Host Countries, CESifo Economic Studies, doi
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Why Mass Migration Is Good for Long-Term Economic Growth, Harvard Business Review (digital article), April 18
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Migration, Diversity and Economic Growth, World Development, Volume 89, pp. 227-239 [open access]
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Tobias Böhmelt. International Migration and Military Intervention in Civil Wars, Political Science Research and Methods, doi
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Evelina Gavrilova. Police Officer on the Frontline or a Soldier? The Effect of Police Militarization on Crime, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, 9(3) Coverage in The Economist, New York Times, Washington Post , Wall Street Journal and Huffington Post
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo; Petros G. Sekeris & Jean-Philippe Platteau. Political repression in autocratic regimes, Journal of Comparative Economics, 45(2)
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo; Leandro Elia & Ron Smith. On the heterogenous consequences of civil war, Oxford Economic Papers, 69(3)
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo; Andrea Ruggeri & Remco Zwetsloot. What Do We know about UN Peacekeeping Leadership?, International Peacekeeping, 24(1)
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo; Georgios Efthyvoulou & Antonio Navas. Political Cycles in Public Expenditure: Butter vs Guns, Journal of Comparative Economics, 45(3), [open access]
- 2017. De Angelis, Enrico; Rodolfo Metulini, Vincenzo Bove & Massimo Riccaboni. Virtual Water Trade and Bilateral Conflicts, Advances in Water Resources, doi
- 2017. Bove, Vincenzo & Gunes Gokmen. Cultural Distance and Interstate Conflicts, British Journal of Political Science, 47(4)
- 2016. Bove, Vincenzo; Kristian S. Gleditsch & Petros G. Sekeris. “Oil Above Water”: Economic Interdependence and Third Party Intervention, Journal of Conflict Resolution, 60(7). Replication dataset. Coverage in The Independent, The Washington Post and Newsweek among others
- 2016. Bove, Vincenzo & Andrea Ruggeri. Kinds of Blue. Diversity in U.N. Peacekeeping Missions and Civilian Protection, British Journal of Political Science, 46(3)
- 2016. Bove, Vincenzo & Tobias Böhmelt. Does Immigration Induce Terrorism?, The Journal of Politics, 78(2). Coverage in The Washington Post, Slate, The Columbus Dispatch, International Business Times, among others
- 2016. Bakaki, Zorzeta; Tobias Böhmelt & Vincenzo Bove. Barriers to Coordination? Examining the Impact of Culture on International Mediation Onset and Effectiveness, Political Studies, 64(3)
- 2016. Bove, Vincenzo; Leandro Elia & Marco Pelliccia. Centrality in Trade Networks and Investment in Security, Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy, 22(1)
- 2015. Bove, Vincenzo & Mauricio Rivera. Elite Co-optation, Repression, and Coups in Autocracies, International Interactions, 41(3).
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Roberto Nisticò. Coups d'état and Defense Spending: A Counterfactual Analysis, Public Choice, 161 (3-4).
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Evelina Gavrilova. Income and Livelihoods in the War in Afghanistan, World Development, Vol 60, pp. 113–131.
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo; Leandro Elia & Petros Sekeris. U.S. Security Strategy and the Gains From Bilateral Trade , Review of International Economics, 22(5).
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Roberto Nisticò. Military in Politics and Budgetary Allocations, Journal of Comparative Economics, 42(4).
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Jennifer Brauner. The Demand for Military Expenditure in Authoritarian Regimes, Defence and Peace Economics
- 2014. Böhmelt, Tobias & Vincenzo Bove. Forecasting Military Expenditure, Research & Politics, 1(1), [open access]
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. The impact of American and British involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq on health spending, military spending and economic growth, B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 14(1).
- 2013. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Drugs and Violence in Afghanistan: A Panel VAR with Unobserved Common Factor Analysis, Defence and Peace Economics, 24(6).
- 2012. Bove, Vincenzo & Elisa Cavatorta. From Conscripts to Volunteers: Budget Shares in NATO Defence Spending, Defence and Peace Economics, 23(3).
- 2011. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Supplying Peace: Participation in and Troop Contribution to Peacekeeping Missions, Journal of Peace Research, November 48(6).
- 2011. Bove, Vincenzo. A Theoretical Approach to the Demand and Supply for Peacekeeping, The Economics of Peace and Security Journal, July 6(2).
- 2011. Bove, Vincenzo & Kristian S. Gleditsch. Lewis Fry Richardson Lifetime Achievement Award: Ron P. Smith and the Economics of War and Peace, Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy, 17(1).
- 2014. Bove, Vincenzo & Leandro Elia. Occupational Choices and Insurgency in Afghanistan’s Provinces, in The Economics of Conflict – Theory and Policy Lessons, K. Wärneryd (ed), The MIT Press.
- 2011. Bove, Vincenzo & Ron Smith. The Economics of Peacekeeping, Chapter 10 in the Handbook on the Economics of Conflict. Eds. D. Braddon and K. Hartley. Edward Elgar.
- 2012. Bove, Vincenzo & Andrea Ruggeri (eds). Proceedings of the 12th Jan Tinbergen European Peace Science Conference, Peace Economics, Peace Science and Public Policy, 18(3).
- Cultural heterogeneity and economic development, with Leandro Elia, VoxEU.org, 2016
- Culture and Interstate Dispute, with& Gunes Gokmen, Free Policy Network Brief Series, 2016
- Fueling Conflict: The Role of Oil in Foreign Interventions, with Petros Sekeris, International Peace Institute Global Observatory, 2015
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil, with Petros Sekeris, The Conversation and The Washington Post, 2015
- Electoral cycles in fiscal policy: Cameron’s pre-election pledges are aimed at solidifying support, with Georgios Efthyvoulou, British Politics and Policy - LSE Blog, 2015
- Illegal small arms trade requires a global response, with Giacomo Persi Paoli, The Conversation, 2014
- En Afghanistan, les talibans sont riches d'opium, L'EXPRESS, 2013
- The Political Economy of Opium in Afghanistan, Institute for Democracy & Conflict Resolution – Briefing Paper (IDCR-BP-10/2011)