- "Field notes from Cairo: excavating urban pasts in a turbulant present", Identity, Agency and Fieldwork Methodologies in Risky Environments, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Institute for Asian and African Studies, Berlin 28-29 July 2016.
- "Staging the State: 1970s Cairo, Nasr City and the Afterlives of Post-Independence Futures ",
Utopian Urban Futures: Histories, imaginations, possibilities, Leeds, 27-28 June 2016.
- Co-organizer: (Dis)Assembling State Space: Conceptualising new geometries of power, 3rd political geography graduate conference, University of Warwick 19-20 May, 2016. (with: Mara Duer, Maria Eugenia Giraudo, Javier Moreno Zacares and Antonio Ferraz De Oliveira).
- Guest Lecturer, Seminar: "The Ideal City: Cairo, modernity and politics", Center for Political Research & Studies and Intercultural Dialogue (CPRSID) , Cairo University, 13 April 2016.
- "Public Spaces of Memory: Contested Visualizations of Absence", RC21 Conference 2015, The Ideal City: between myth and reality: Representations, policies, contradictions and challenges for tomorrow's urban life, Ubino (Italy), 27-29 August, 2015.
- "Public Spaces of Memory: Contested Visualizations of Absence in Cairo", BRISMES/EURAMES Joint Annual Conference 2015: Liberation?, London, LSE Middle East Center, 24-26 June, 2015
Before joining Warwick (selected)
- "Creating a Field for Urban Activism: Networking for Urban Rights", Part of Panel: Newcomers in Activism: Social Movements and New Directions in Understanding Change in Egypt an ARI project on Social Movements, WOCMES 2014, Ankara (Turkey), 18-22 August, 2014.
- "Public Spaces in 19th Century Cairo: Reading Hadith 'Isa bin Hisham" (In Arabic), Politics and Literature: problematizing authority, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, 26-27 March, 2013.
- "Contesting Visions and Public Spaces in Cairo", The Egyptian Revolution, One Year On: Causes, Characteristics and Fortunes, Department of Politics and International Relations, Oxford University, 18-19 May 2012.