Skip to main content
Recent and Upcoming Talks
- Conference talks at Society for Economic Anthropology Annual Meeting, Iowa City, 7 April 2017 and International Studies Association Annual Convention, Baltimore, February 2017.
- Practitioner Engagement Talk "The Development of the Corporate Bond and Sukuk Market in Malaysia", 8th SC-OCIS Annual Roundtable on Islamic Finance, Ditchley Park, Oxfordshire, March 2017 (with Arshad M. Ismail).
- Workshop paper presentation, Fung-Niehaus Workshop, Princeton University, January 2017.
- Public Lectures at Balsillie School of International Affairs, 23 September 2016 and Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies, 13 December 2016.
- Book launch The Everyday Political Economy of Southeast Asia, Centre for the Study of Globalisation & Regionalisation, University of Warwick, 9 May 2016 (with Juanita Elias, John Hobson and Leonard Seabrooke)
- Expert advisor (finance). 2nd Interregional EU-ASEAN Perspectives Dialogue. Young Initiative on Foreign Affairs and International Relations (IFAIR), 2015
- Brassett, J., Harrison, J., MacDonald, M, Rethel, L. and Scholte, J. A. (2013) 'Global Rules, Local Rulers': Reflections and Suggestions for the Carnegie UK Trust, Commissioned Report on Global Governance and a Democratic Civil Society
- “Impact investing boosts Islamic finance”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 17 December 2015
- “Skills shortage to test Islamic finance”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 19 February 2015
- “Islamic finance will continue strong growth in Europe”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 7 January 2014
- “Crisis shows Islamic finance resilience”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 7 January 2011
- “Sukuk outlook improves with new issuers”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 21 October 2010
- “Islamic financial risk hedging grows”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 7 July 2010
- “Obstacles to Islamic finance standards”, Oxford Analytica Daily Brief, 8 March 2010