- BURNELL, P.J. and GERRITS, A.EDS. 2011. Promoting Party Politics in Emerging Democracies . London, Routledge. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- BURNELL, P. 2011. ‘Does Political Party Aid Compensate For The Limitations Of International Elections Observation?’ Representation, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 383-97. Link to article (Journal website).
- BURNELL, P. 2008. 'The relationship of accountable governance and constitutional implementation, with reference to Africa'. Journal of Politics and Law, 1, 10-24. Link to article (Journal website).
- BURNELL, P. J. 2006. Globalising democracy: party politics in emerging democracies, London ; New York, Routledge. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- BURNELL, P. 2004. Building better democracies: why political parties matter, London, Westminster Foundation for Democracy. Link to publication (WFD Website).
- CHAN, T. W. & CLAYTON, M. 2006. 'Should the voting age be lowered to sixteen? Normative and empirical considerations'. Political Studies, 54, 533-558. Link to article (Journal website).
Jeroen de Zeeuw
- DE ZEEUW, J. 2005. 'Projects do not create institututions: the record of democracy assistance in post-conflict societies'. Democratization, 12, 481-504. Link to article (Journal website).
- DOORENSPLEET, R. 2005a. 'Citizens’ support for legislature and democratic consolidation: comparative study with special focus on Mali'. In: SALIH, M. M. A. (ed.) African Parliaments. Between Governance and Government. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan. Link to book (Google books).
- DOORENSPLEET, R. 2005b. 'Electoral Systems and Democratic Quality: Do Mixed Systems Combine the Best or the Worst of Both Worlds? An Explorative Quantitative Cross-national Study'. Acta Politica, 40, 28-49.
- DOORENSPLEET, R. 2005c. ‘Electoral Systems and Good Governance in Divided Countries’ in Ethnopolitics, 4 (4), pp. 1- 16. Link to article (Journal website).
- DOORENSPLEET, R. 2003. ‘Political Parties, Party Systems and Democracy in Sub-Saharan Africa’, in: Salih, M. O. (ed.) African Political Parties: Evolution, Institutionalisation and Governance, London: Pinto. Link to book (Publisher's website).
Jan Aart Scholte
- SCHOLTE, J. A. 2006. 'Political parties and the democratisation of globalisation'. In: BURNELL, P. (ed.) Globalising Democracy: Party Politics in Emerging Democracies. London, New York: Routledge. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- SPARY, C. 2010. 'Disrupting Rituals of Debate in the Indian Parliament'. Journal of Legislative Studies, 16, 338-351. Link to article (Journal website).