- BURNELL, P. 2013. 'Democratisation in the Middle East and North Africa: Perspectives from Democracy Support', Third World Quarterly, Vol. 34 (5), pp. 838-55. Link to article (Journal website).
- BURNELL, P. and SCHLUMBERGER, O. 2011. 'Afterword : international politics and national political regimes after the 'Arab spring''. In: BURNELL, P. and SCHLUMBERGER, O. (eds.) International politics and national political regimes : promoting democracy - promoting autocracy (pp. 119-123). London: Routledge. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- BURNELL, P. 2011. 'Lessons of Experience in International Democracy Support: Implications for Supporting Democratic Change in North Africa'. UNU-WIDER, Working Paper WP2011/ 84. Link to paper (PDF).
- DURAC, V. 2009. The impact of external actors on the distribution of power in the Middle East: the case of Egypt. The Journal of North African Studies, 14 (1), pp. 57-73. Link to article (Journal website).
- EMERSON, M., KAUSCH, K., YOUNGS, R. & ABDEL-LATIF, O. et al. 2009. Islamist radicalisation: the challenge for Euro-Mediterranean relations, Brussels, Madrid Centre for European Policy Studies FRIDE. Link to paper (SSRN website).
- EMERSON, M., YOUNGS, R. & AMGHAR, S. 2007. Political Islam and European foreign policy: perspectives from Muslim democrats of the Mediterranean, Center for European Policy Studies. Link to publication (CEPS website).
- YOUNGS, R. 2006. Europe and the Middle East: in the shadow of September 11, Boulder, Colo., Lynne Rienner Publishers. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- YOUNGS, R. & FERNÁNDEZ, H. A. (eds.) 2005. The Euro-Mediterranean partnership: assessing the first decade. Madrid: FRIDE and Real Institutuo Elcano. Link to paper (FRIDE website).
- HASSAN, O. 2010. America's freedom dilemma: national interests and the pursuit of Middle East democracy. In: Europe, the USA and Political Islam: Strategies for Engagement. Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke ; New York. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- HASSAN, O. 2008a. Bush's Freedom Agenda: Ideology and the Democratization of the Middle East. Democracy and Security, 4, 268-289. Link to article (Journal website).
- HASSAN, O. 2008b. George W. Bush, September 11 and the Rise of the Freedom Agenda in United States-Middle East Relations: A Constructivist Institutional Approach. Ph.D., University of Birmingham. Link to thesis (University of Birmingham website).
- PRATT, N. 2009. With Nadje Al-Ali (eds). Women and War in the Middle East: Transnational Perspectives. London: Zed. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- AL-ALI, N. S. and PRATT, N. 2009. What kind of liberation? Women and the occupation of Iraq, Berkeley and Los Angeles . University of California Press. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- PRATT, N. 2009.With Nadje Al-Ali. What Kind of Liberation? Women and the Occupation of Iraq, Berkeley: University of California Press. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- PRATT, N. 2007. Democracy and authoritarianism in the Arab world, Lynne Rienner Publishers Boulder. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- PRATT, N. 2006. 'Human rights and NGOs and the foreign funding debate in Egypt'. In: TIRADO-CHASE, A. & HAMZAWI, A. (eds.) Human Rights in the Arab World. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press. Link to book (Publisher's website).
- PRATT, N. 2005. 'Identity, Culture and Democratization: The Case of Egypt'. New Political Science, 27, 69-86. Link to article (journal website).