On the 17th June, FinCris along with the Warwick Business School and the Arts & Humanities Research Council organised the grants final conference 'Reform of the UK’s financial sector: promoting stability, ethics and financial inclusion'
Topics discussed included:
- From crisis to confidence – financial sector reform since 2007
- Next steps for regulation of UK financial services
- Strengthening EU banking sector resilience: Basel III implementation
- Next steps for regulation of UK financial services – taxation, structured investment vehicles and stateless income
- Responsibility, taxation and financial exclusion after the financial crisis’
- Improving banking standards: a practical approach
- A way ahead for ethics and culture
- How do we make sure financial markets work for society, not just the few?
- Addressing financial exclusion – balanced risk, short-term credit and the role of Government, regulators and industry
The transcript of this event can be found here