Uniquely among our programmes, the Double MA in Global Governance has a higher academc entry requirement than other PAIS degrees. Below is a list of which documents we require for your application and the minimum required scores (where relevant).
- Previous qualifications. You must supply transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work undertaken to date; if you have already completed a degree, please also supply the relevant certificate(s).
- Honours Degree in Political Science, Economics, History or a related field (including international, environmental or global studies undergraduate degrees) with an overall average of at least 78% in the Canadian system in the final 20 courses.
- This is equivalent to a 1st or high 2:1 in the British system.
- Experienced professionals in the private or public sectors will be considered for admission, but additional course work may be required.
- References. You must supply three references in support of your application. We strongly recommend you speak with your referees about the Double Degree before submitting your application so that they can write specifically about your suitability for this programme.
- CV. Please supply a CV describing your academic and work experience; include a history of your publication and scholarly paper activity and any other information you feel will interest the admissions committee.
- Personal statement. Please supply a brief statement of your research interests that explains your reasons for pursuing graduate studies and your areas of interest (maximum 500 words).
- Writing sample. You must supply a sample of scholarly writing no more than 25 pages in length.
- English. If English is not your first language, you must supply evidence of your proficiency in the form of a TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or other acceptable certificate. The minimum requirement is TOEFL 100/IELTS 7.0.