- Examination regulations covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Senate examinations and degree conventions covering taught courses (UG and PGT)
- Regulations for first degrees (UG), Taught PG Courses (PGT) and PG Research degrees (PGR)
- Constitution of the Undergraduate Board of Examiners (UG)
- Constitution of Taught Postgraduate Board of Examiners (PGT)
- Appointment and duties of examiners for Postgraduate Research degrees (PGR)
The Teaching Quality homepage site details the University's quality assurance strategy and processes. The Graduate School carries much information about policies and processes for PGT and PGR courses.
Please note that the University of Warwick is in the process of implementing an electronic means of managing the administration of the external examining of its taught courses. This will allow the University to maintain an up to date record of External Examiner appointments and will incorporate the facility for External Examiners to submit their reports online, allow Departments to view and comment on these reports and External Examiners to see the departmental replies.
As part of this implementation process, External Examiners are asked to submit their reports electronically via the SITS: eVision system
Log in details and guidance will be issued separately. For any queries relating to the submission of your annual report, please contact email@example.com
- External Examiner's Independent Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion prior to viva |
- External and Internal Examiners' Joint Report template for Postgraduate Research courses, for completion after viva |
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (UG) excel | pdf (see also the notes for completing the expenses form pdf)
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (PGT) excel | pdf (see also the notes for completing the expenses form pdf)
- Expenses Claim Form for External Examiners (PGR) word
Please note that the Guidance for external examiners on duties and responsibilities (UG and PGT) has been updated for the 2016/17 examinations cycle. Guidance for external examiners (PGR) has not been amended.
- Guidance for external examiners on duties and responsibilities (UG and PGT) | pdf
- Guidance for external examiners on making a report pdf
- Guidance for departments on how to respond to an external examiner’s report pdf
- Guidance for external examiners (PGR): see Part III of Guide to Examinations for Higher Degrees by Research
- External Examiner's (taught courses) university calendar
- Checklist for departments on inducting new external examiners
- Memo to HoDs change of nominations process for external examiners Nov 2016
- External Examiners nomination form wef Nov 2016
Information on visiting the University, including a map of campus, can be found here.
- QAA UK Quality Code Chapter B7 - External Examining
- QAA Subject Benchmarks (for UG courses and some PGT courses only)
- HE Qualifications Framework