Faye Emery, Jocasta Gardner, Julian Moss
PGR issues to consider
- DL MBA
- Completion rates: Grad School are working on issues here, including extensions and non-ompletions due to drop-out
- Role of PGT as feeder for PGR
- What happens when a supervisor leaves?
- Could we make more use of SITS for PGR monitoring, especially after submission
- Training for supervisors?
- Induction for international PGRs? Probably ok
- Masters by Research: as well supported as PhD students?
PGT issues to consider
- induction, including (especially?) for international students
- complaints, appeals
- extent to which there is good University oversight of departmental enhancement practice recently
- note the large range of courses covered by the label "PGT": research training, vocational, professional/CPD, taught for the sake of learning
- DL MBA - check on delivery sites
- DClinPsych - how confident are we that published/agreed Regulations are actually practised/enforced? Does the new contract better relate to reality? Do we need to review Regulations?
Margaret Thorogood is new deputy chair of BGS