Learning Gain: Critical Explorations, The Shard, London, Thursday 28th September 2017
Please find a Final Agenda for the event.
Can Learning Gain contribute to the achievement of outstanding student outcomes and teaching excellence? How is Learning Gain being developed in universities and in national policy? This day conference has been designed to provide a space for critically exploring this field of knowledge, its practices and its implications. Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Chris Husbands, Vice-Chancellor, Sheffield Hallam University & Chair of Teaching Excellence Framework Panel
- Professor Paul Ashwin, Head of Educational Research, Lancaster University
- Professor Christina Hughes, PVC Student Experience, Sheffield Hallam University & LEGACY Project Chair
- Iain Mansfield, Deputy Director, TEF and Student Choice, Department for Education (subject to government business)
- Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, Kings College London & HEFCE Learning Gain Pilot Programme Evaluator
- Dr Heike Behle, LEGACY Research Fellow, Institute of Employment Research, The University of Warwick
- Professor Gwen van der Velden, Academic Director at Warwick Higher Education Academy, The University of Warwick
- Dr Bob Gilworth, Director of The Careers Group and Director of Research, AGCAS
- Professor Anna Vignoles, Director of Research, University of Cambridge
- Professor Stuart Brand, Director of Learning Experience - CELT, Birmingham City University
- Professor Jan Vermunt, Professor of Education, University of Cambridge
- Richard Smith, Senior Higher Education Policy Advisor, HEFCE
- Dr Sonia Ilie, Research Fellow, University of Cambridge
- Helena Gillespie, Academic Director for Learning & Teaching Enhancement, University of East Anglia
- Dr Nalayini Thambar, Director of Careers & Employability, The University of Nottingham
- Dr Janthia Taylor, Ravensbourne
- Eluned Jones, Director of Student Employability, University of Birmingham
- Anne Wilson, Head of Careers, The University of Warwick
Join our network and add your voice to this important conversation for what will be a stimulating day. Further details of the event will be announced in the near future, full instructions will be sent to all registered participants in advance of the event. Please use the below booking form to reserve your place.
For further details of the event please contact Sunil Maher, LEGACY Project Manager, 024 76 528 634.
Please note that a follow-up event will be held in January 2018 at the University of Liverpool in London campus - details will follow.