Blue badge holders
Registered Disabled Blue Badge holders have the same rights on the University campus as they have on the public highway.
Parking on campus is free for blue badge holders and there are disabled spaces near all buildings on campus. Some disabled bays are behind a barrier. If you require regular access to one of these, please email email@example.com.
If you're a member of staff currently experiencing difficulties with campus car parking on medical or disability grounds, you may be considered for a temporary special arrangement. To discuss this further, you'll need a referal from your manager or HR to Occupational Health Services.
Consideration will be given under the following circumstances if you can provide appropriate medical or other supporting evidence of your medical condition or disability for temporary support with parking:
- That you are waiting for an assessment for a blue badge. Information about applying for a Blue Badge is available on the Citizens Advice website.
- That although you meet the criteria for a Blue Badge, your condition is not long term and you would not qualify for a blue badge.
- That your condition fluctuates and you only require temporary access to disabled parking when there is a flare up.
Consideration will not be given based on ability to carry items if there is no other underlying health reason which prevents you from making use of arrangements such as:
- The drop off points near buildings to load unload your vehicle.
- Use of a trolley or wheeled case to carrying/move items around.
If you're a student currently experiencing difficulties with campus car parking on medical or disability grounds, see our student parking certificates page.