What is it?
Every day the Estates Office creates more records, both electronic and paper, which need to be managed in an appropriate manner. Estates Records Management has developed its own Records Retention Schedule which will control the creation, filing, retention, storage and disposal of records in line with current legislation and department needs so you know what to keep and for how long.
What do I need to do?
- Find out what records you or your department holds.
- Search the Records Retention Schedule to see how long you need to keep it.
- Ask the Property and Asset Information Team team to store it for you.
- Destroy anything you don’t need to keep.
- Apply this to both paper and electronic files including emails.
- Search the advice and guidance for more information.