The Authoring Manager allows you to:Author Questions
Question Wizards provide easy, step-by-step authoring of questions and feedback. The Question Wizard can be used to create 20 different types of questions. Using the Question Editor, authors can edit elements of a question such as the type, stimulus, choices and outcomes. Authoring Manager also enables you to:
- Organise questions by topic and sub-topics. For example, one topic might relate to Microsoft products, and sub-topics might relate to Office products, and further sub-topics might relate to features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Add meta tags (which can later be used to select questions for a particular assessment), edit, preview and try out questions
- Define your own sophisticated scoring schemes
- Personalise or customise questions and feedback by embedding server variables such as participant name, time, date, etc.
- Provide feedback based on how participants answer specific questions or score on specific topics
- Shuffle choices
- Write and edit questions and feedback with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor
The Assessment Wizard provides easy, step-by-step assembly of questions into surveys, quizzes, tests or exams. The Assessment Editor enables authors to edit elements of assessments directly. By using the Assessment Editor, authors can:
- Implement your own assessment and topic scoring schemes
- Select questions by metatag or topic
- Define the flow of questions delivered in assessments. The order of questions presented in an assessment can be predefined or randomised – or you may create complex branching scenarios that enable assessments to “adapt,” presenting certain questions to participants based on how they answer specific questions or score on particular topics
- Force delivery of high-stakes assessments via Questionmark Secure
- Set time limits for assessments
Use HTML, Graphics and Multimedia in Questions and Assessments
Authoring Manager’s WYSIWYG text-to-HTML Editor makes it easy to use and edit HTML in your questions and assessments. It also allows you to work in various views in order to add material including text, hyperlinks, picture files, video files, sound files, content items or equations, and also use spell-checking. If you prefer, you enter material already marked up in HTML and preview the material to see how it will be presented to a participant.
Manage and Publish Questions, Assessments and Supporting Content
All questions, assessments and supporting content you create with Questionmark Perception are stored within local or remote databases called repositories that offer round-trip resource and content management. You can use simple drag & drop and cut & paste commands to manage questions, assessments, and supporting content.
Provide Collaborative, Secure Environment for Multiple Authors
Shared repositories facilitate collaborative authoring in multi-author environments. You can enhance security by defining and enforcing different levels of access rights at the folder, assessment and topic levels to enhance security in multi-author environments.
Perception’s Workflow Editor enables organisations to define, control and document how questions move through states from creation to release. You can assign items a status of "Normal," “Experimental,” “Beta,” “Incomplete” or "Retired" to ensure that only valid questions are used. In addition to providing convenience and structure for a multi-author environment, Workflow Management establishes an audit trail essential for creating legally defensible high-stakes exams.