If you are having problems connecting to ResNet there are a couple of things you can check before calling the Student Computing Helpdesk.
- Try rebooting your computer?
- Check you have the right cable or try a friends working cable. - RJ45 Ethernet/Network Cable
- Check you have your Ethernet/Network card installed and that it is not disabled
- Check you IP address by doing the following (for Windows Operarting system):
- Press Start then goto Run
- Type CMD and press OK
- In the command promt (black box which pops up) type ipconfig then press enter
- Under where it says Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection you should have an IP address starting with 137.205.xx.xx
- If you have anything else then call the Student Computing Helpdesk
- Check that you are not using any proxy settings on your web browser.
If you are unsure how to do any of the above call the Student Computing Helpdesk