Microsoft Project is only available for Windows, however, there are some alternatives for Mac users:
- Create a virtual Windows machine on your Mac and run the Windows version of Project in this. Options to do this:
- Warwick staff and students can run Project on their Mac for academic/research-related use by using university-licensed VMware software. This can be used to create a Windows virtual machine on the Mac, in which the Windows version of Project can be run. Please see information here.
- Non-academic/research users (e.g. infrastructure or administrative) can use the free VirtualBox tool instead of VMware.
- ProjectLibre is a free, Open Source alternative to Microsoft Project that works on Mac. It can be downloaded here.
- There is a workaround within Microsoft Excel for Mac that allows the creation of a Gantt chart, as described here.