We manage applications which support the key business processes associated with the administration of students. This covers the life cycle of students from enquiry to alumni.
These services are used by administrative staff, academic staff and students directly through self-service access.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk (ext: 73737) in the first instance.
What we do
- Design, development and ongoing support of bespoke applications.
- Implementation and support of third-party applications.
- Monitoring, maintenance and enhancement of the application portfolio.
- Project management and implementation of projects relating to this service.
- Identification of opportunities for IT solutions to streamline business processes.
- Provision of consultation to staff in administrative and service departments to analyse requirements and advise on technical solutions.
- Optimising configuration of applications, and related software and hardware, to meet business needs; maximizing performance; providing appropriate availability and business continuity.
- Development and support of required interfaces, including those providing management information and reports.
- Security, user rights management and compliance with information-related legislation
- Compliance with requirements of external bodies: UCAS, GTTR and HESA.
- Supplier management – liaise with suppliers about development, support and upgrade issues; licenses; futures; user group participation
- Diagnosis and resolution of incidents relating to this service.
- Formulation of service strategies based on customer and user strategies and requirements.
- Procurement of software and services to support this service.