You can manage the privacy of your blog by setting up groups. When you write an entry, you can decide which groups can read and comment on it. To set up groups, you must first be signed into your blog with your IT Services username and password.
- Click on the Admin link to the right of the utility bar. BlogBuilder's screen for managing your blog should appear.
- Click on 'Edit your groups'. It's under the 'People' section and has an icon that looks like this:
- You should now be able to see the edit groups screen. You'll see that one group has already been created for you, called 'Friends'.
- To create a new group, type in the name of the new group in the text box next to 'Create a new group called' and click on the 'Create' button. Your new group should now appear below your 'Friends' group.
- To add people to your 'Friends' group or to any other group that you have created type in the person's IT Services username in the text box next to 'Add' and click on the 'Add' button. If you can't remember their username then you can click on the 'user lookup' icon and search for it. You should see that their name has now appeared in the group that you added them to. You can continue adding other people in the same way.
- To remove people from your 'Friends' group or to any other group click on the 'Remove' button next to their name.
- To remove a group that you have created, click on the 'Remove' button next to the name of the group. Note that you can't remove the 'Friends' group because it is a preset group.
- Click on the 'Back to blog manager' button .
- Click on the 'Back to my blog' button .
Next time you create an entry you should see any new groups that you have created in the drop down privacy list.
Example: You might want to set up a group called 'Tutor group' which contains all the members of your tutor group. You can write entries about the group's seminars and only allow group members to view and comment on them.