Tabula version 36 was released on Thursday 16th May 2013. The main visible improvements and changes are:
We've added a new role to Coursework Management called a 'Module Assistant'. This is designed to be a role that can do a little bit less than a 'Module Manager'.
Specifically, a Module Assistant cannot:
- Archive or Delete assignments
- Manage the permissions for a module
- Delete submissions
- Publish/release feedback
To add a Module Assistant, go to the "Module Permissions" screen in the same way as a Module Manager; you can then choose whether to add/remove a module manager or assistant.
We've added a 'Senior Tutor' role to Student profiles. A 'Senior Tutor' can see everything that a student's personal tutor could see, for each student in that department.
We plan to expand this role in future releases to allow it to manage personal tutors for a department.
To add a Senior tutor for a department, a Departmental Administrator can click the 'Manage' dropdown in the Student Profiles component of Tabula.
General improvements and fixes
- For the Summary-style submission/feedback screen, we've moved the order of actions around so that checking submissions for plagiarism happens before downloading them for marking
- We've added a new 'submissions not downloaded' filter to the submission/feedback screen
- Feedback reports now display the number of pieces of feedback that are still outstanding (i.e. not uploaded)
- Departmental Administrators can now see information about personal tutor meetings (however they cannot see the record of the meeting - just the date and time and who it was between)
- You can now delete un-approved meeting records (for example, if it's created against the wrong student)
- A bug that caused the filter on the submission/feedback page to not work has been fixed
- A bug that caused a student to receive an error if they double-clicked on the "Submit" button for an assignment has been fixed
- A very rare error that happened when viewing lots of student photos, or searching many student profiles has been fixed
Technical release notes:
- [TAB-777] - Permissions cache can throw NPE
- [TAB-781] - NPE Uploading personal tutors
- [TAB-784] - Double-click protection on submission broken?
- [TAB-786] - Filter not working on combined assignment/submission page
- [TAB-790] - Anyone can sort modules
- [TAB-537] - Users need to be able to add and remove module assistants
- [TAB-726] - Swap the workflow order so that plagiarism is before downloading submissions
- [TAB-729] - Add outstanding feedback column to feedback report
- [TAB-770] - Hide empty modules with CSS
- [TAB-771] - Arrange modules screen: validate that no modules are orphaned
- [TAB-774] - Exception email: sort parameters by name
- [TAB-780] - Add "Senior Tutor" role and management interface to set it
- [TAB-785] - Add "submission not downloaded" filter
- [TAB-787] - Make profile photo import less greedy for Membership information
- [TAB-789] - Use skinny WARs inside an EAR?
- [TAB-669] - Departmental administrators to see meeting record metadata
- [TAB-32] - I want to be able to remove a module assistant from a module
- [TAB-361] - I want to be able to delete a record of an interaction with a tutee
- [TAB-538] - I want to make another user a module assistant on a module
- [TAB-788] - Make Role/RoleDefinition/Permission self-describing