For example, we have a Search FAQs box at the right-hand side of all pages in the SiteBuilder FAQs section. This search only returns results from pages under:
The search does not return results from the rest of the IT Services website or SiteBuilder section. You see matching results as you type your query (also known as ‘live search’).
To add a live search box to your page:
- Browse to the page where you want to add the search box.
- Go to Edit > Edit centre content or Edit right content, depending on where you want to place the search box.
- Position your cursor where you want to insert the search box.
- Go to Insert a… > Search box.
- In the Insert search box pop-up, enter the URL of the uppermost page (without the
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk) of the section you want to make searchable. For example – for the whole of the IT Services site:
- Optionally, enter a label e.g. Search IT Services. If you don't specify a label, Search for: is the default.
- Select the Insert button.
- You'll see code similar to the following in your page:
[livesearch label='Search IT Services']/services/its[/livesearch]
- Once you've finished editing your page, select the Publish button.
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem