When you create a new page, it's located immediately beneath an existing page known as the ‘parent’. To create new pages, you must have edit or admin permissions for the parent page.
- Browse to an existing page on your site – the parent of the new page you wish to add.
- Go to Edit > Create a new page.
On the Create new page screen, ensure the page template is Blank web page (the default):
In the URL box, enter a URL for the new page. This can contain lower case letters, numbers or hyphens. You only need to specify the last part, not the whole URL. For example, if you're adding a reading list under the module AB101:
reading-listin the URL box to form:
Enter the Page heading. This appears at the top of your page and in Warwick Search results. For example:
Reading list for Introduction to Art Theory (AB101)
Enter the Title bar caption. This appears in external search results, such as Google, and browser bookmarks. See the guidance on how to write good title bar captions for search indexing. For example:
Reading list for Introduction to Art Theory (AB101) - Warwick
Enter the Link caption, which appears in the local navigation menu. For example:
- Use the checkboxes to select whether the new page appears on your site navigation and search engine results. While drafting a page, we recommend leaving these options unselected. When you're ready to publish your page, you can return to these settings via Edit > Edit page properties and change them.
- Enter the description and keywords.
Specify the page contact (this is displayed in the footer of the page). The contact can be yourself, another individual or a resource account. For example, the page contact for the SiteBuilder support pages is the ITS Web Team's resource account webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk:
- Select the Create new page button.
- Follow the link in the confirmation message to view your new, blank page.