You can upload a file to any page on which you have edit or contributor permissions.
- Browse to the page where you want to upload a file.
Go to Edit > More > Files tab. You should see a list of all files currently uploaded to the page (if any):
Select the Upload button. The Upload a file screen appears:
Select the Browse/Choose Files button and browse to the file on your computer.Note: You can upload multiple files from the same folder on your computer. Select multiple files using Ctrl/Cmd+click. There is a 25-character limit on the file name length, which includes the file extension.
- The Short title, Warwick Search, Description and Keywords fields are optional – for more information on these options select the help icon next to each field label.
When you have finished editing the fields select the Upload button.Note: When you upload a video file, you may be prompted to convert the video to a more appropriate format (H.264 MP4). We recommend that you use H.264 MP4 as this format can be displayed on the majority of devices. See the following FAQ for more information: How do I convert audio and video files to play online?
- Unless a file with the same name has already been uploaded, you are returned to the Files tab and you can now see your file in the list.
If you try to upload a file with the same name as an existing file you see the following screen:
If you wish to retain the permissions, description and visibility to search engines of the existing file, select the checkbox Keep the properties of the existing file.
To upload your new file, select the Overwrite file button. Otherwise, select the Cancel (do not overwrite) button to cancel the upload and return to the Files tab.Note: If you're replacing a previous file with a newer version with a different file name, and you link to the file on your web page, remember to ensure your links point to the correct version of the file. It may help to delete old versions from the Files tab that you longer need.
- Once you have uploaded your file you can now see it listed on the Files tab. When you have finished uploading files, select the Done button at the top right.
- If you want visitors to be able to download the file from a web page, you need to add a link to the file somewhere on the page. (It's good practice to inform visitors that clicking a link will open a file by adding a file icon.)
Email webteam at warwick dot ac dot uk
How to report a problem